Comment on page
Simple access the Shortcut Description by clicking on the Quick Menu located on the top left of your screen.
The mouse controls the following actions in RO:
- Movement: Left-click a cell to move to it. Hold down the left mouse button for continuous movement. If the cell is not highlighted or is highlighted in red, that place is impossible to reach.
- Changing the side view: Hold down the right mouse button and the cursor will become two arrows curving left and right. Move the mouse left [while holding the right mouse button] and the camera will rotate around the character to the left. Likewise, moving the mouse right will rotate the camera to the right.
- Changing magnification: Roll the mouse-wheel to zoom in and out. To do this without a mouse-wheel, hold the Ctrl key, right mouse button, and move the mouse.Changing the overview;;Hold the Shift key and move the mouse (wheel) up/down to change the height of the camera. To lower the height of the camera even more, hold both Ctrl + Shift and move the mouse (wheel) up/down.
- Resetting to the default view: Quickly right-click twice to reset the view to face north. Hold the Shift key and quickly right-click twice to reset the camera's position.
- Character Interaction: Right-click another character and a window will pop up with a list of actions to choose from. Some options only appear under certain circumstances.
- Item/Skill Description: Right-click an item or skill and a window will pop up giving detailed information on that particular item or skill.
- Drag-n-Drop: Allows the player to equip items, move items to the trade window or Kafra storage window, or drop items on the ground for someone else to pick up. The player can also drag-n-drop skills into the shortcut bar. NOTE: Drag-n-drop may be blocked if your equipment window is open.
- Auto-Follow another character: Hold Shift and right click on the target player to auto-follow him/her. This character will keep following the target until you attack or use a targeted skill. Note that /noctrl and /noshift need to be disabled in order to work.
- Showing items description in chat window: Hold Shift and left click an item to send a clickable item link to the chat window, where other player can click on the item link to view the description.
- Transferring items between active window: Hold Alt and right click an item in inventory to send it to active Kafra Storage/cart/trade window (also works the other way, except for the trade window). Can also be used to put items from cart to vending window (or remove it).
- Identifying items: Hold Ctrl and right click an unidentified item to identify it (need a Magnifier in inventory).
- /noctrl or /nc – Allows attacking monsters continuously with only one left-click.
- /noshift or /ns – Allows targeting monsters or other players in PvP arenas with support skills without having to press the Shift key.
- /organize – Create a party. Required Job level 7 to organize a party.
- /invite - Invite a player to your party.
- /leave – Leave a party.
- /where – Shows the map name and coordinate you are at.
- /quake - Enables or disables screen shaking effects.
- /effect - Turn on/off animation effects from all skills.
- /mineffect - Turn on/off minimal effects from all skills.
- /savechat - Saves the chat.
- /exall - Blocks all private messages
- /inall - Clears your blocked list
- /aura2 -Turn off aura effect for level 99.
- /aura - Turn on aura effect for level 99.
- /emblem - Toggles the display of guild emblem.
- /guild - Creates a guild named . This requires an Emperium to be in the creator's inventory.
- /breakguild "Guild Name" — Disbands a guild. Can only be used by the guild leader. All members must be expelled first.
- /blacksmith - Shows the top 10 forging/upgrading Blacksmiths in the server.
- /pk -Shows the top 10 slayers in the server.
To talk, type in the chat window and press Enter. What is said will be seen by everybody within a certain range. If Battle mode is on, the Enter key must be pressed before chatting.
Some notes on communication:
- To send a message to the party only, type % before the message or press Ctrl + Enter.
- To send a message to the guild only, type $ or /gc before the message or press Alt + Enter.
- To PM another player, enter the character name into the small box on the left side of the chat window.
- To set the chat mode, click on the left bubble at the bottom right corner of the chat window. The right bubble controls the chat window height.
- To set 1:1 chat, go into friend set up and customize whether to open a new chat window or not.
To interact with other players, right-click on a character and choose an action from the list provided.
- Check (character name)'s Equipment Info — View the target players equipment if they have checked the "Open equipment" box on their equipment screen.
- Request a deal with (character name) — Allows trading items or Zeny with another character. After the target player accepts the offer to trade, the trade window will appear. Items can be dragged and dropped here for trading. Zeny can also be entered here for trading. Click "OK" and then "Trade" to confirm.
- Ask (character name) to join your party — Allows party leaders to invite characters into the party.
- Invite (character name) to Guild — If given the power to recruit players into the guild, this option allows recruiters to invite other characters into the guild. This power to recruit must be given by the guild master.
- Open 1:1 Chat — Allows talking to the character privately.
- Register as a Friend — Adds the character to the friends list.
- Send mail — Write a Rodex mail to the character.
- Reject Whispering — If the character is annoying, this command will block that character's PMs and public speech as well.
NPCs are non-player characters. They are not real people but characters programmed into the game. To interact with an NPC, left-click on the target NPC. Note that not all NPCs will talk.
- Town Guards — These NPCs are guides and can tell the location of important places in town.
- Kafra Workers — These NPCs are essential to Ragnarok Online and serve the following functions:
- Storage access — Allows items to be stored.
- Cart Rentals — Allows Merchant classes to rent carts.
- Teleportation — Allows traveling to other cities instantly.
- Saving — Allows setting a "Save Point". Using a butterfly wing will return the character to this Save Point. Also, should the character die, the player may choose to return to the Save Point.
NOTE: Not all Kafras offer all of these services.